30 March, 2005

 

What a week that was and will be...

Good evening blog members and viewers!

The dust has settled after another long, bruising week battling the demon IELTS! By now you all know what you have let yourselves in for and what your respective strengths and weaknesses are. While not underestimating the enormity of the task ahead, I would urge you all to be positive and steadfast in your resolve to tackle IELTS head-on and give it your best shot.

There was no specific 'homework' as such this weekend. In your shoes I would be re-reading those notes I gave you, absorbing some of the tips and model answers from the course and test practice book, while listening to and reading as much authentic native speaker English as possible.

The Reading module alarms me - you ask me "What's the best way to deal with answering 40 questions of varied complexity on 3 sections in 60 minutes?" Besides "pray" what can you do?

Ultimately, it is how you react and perform under intense pressure on one day in your life. Tomorrow is another day. Ask yourself -"was I really ready for IELTS?" "Had I studied consistently before the exam and invested time and effort in improving my core skills in English by reading a wide range of material: online web-based material, magazines, newspapers, novels?" IELTS practice reading tests are fine, but if you do not have that depth of vocabulary and sensitivity for the nuances of meaning, then you will struggle to perform to the level you need to score well in this very demanding part of the IELTS exam.

So, I wish you good night and courage for the ordeal(s) ahead - maybe some 'divine intervention' isn't such a bad thing after all!

I aim to plan, write and post a Task 2 essay from the "69 Arguments" sheet in a 20-25 minute spell at some stage over the weekend. I'll write it by hand within this 20-25 minute time frame and post you as to exactly how long the process took me.

OK campers, that's all from me for the time being.

Might see you on Thursday morning and then again I might not. The blog is yours 24/7 - so take that apple off the tree and eat it - it won't jump into your hand!

Good luck! Don't lose heart!

GOOD NIGHT

Tony


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?